[time-nuts] NTP stratum 0

Hal Murray hmurray at suespammers.org
Sat Jan 14 13:34:51 EST 2006

> I would like to know where could I find the FORMAL specification of
> the NTP stratum 0.

I assume you are looking for some sort of quality requirements like the
telephone industry has for their various stratum levels.  I don't think you
will find it.

Basically, stratum 0 is anything from outside NTP.  The "0" doesn't promise
any quality.

There is a mechanism within ntpd for the driver to report a quality estimate.