[time-nuts] List of time synchronization hardware and software

James Maynard james.h.maynard at usa.net
Mon Jan 16 20:08:57 EST 2006

Brooke Clarke wrote:
> Hi James:
>
> Astronomical methods, such as sundials might deserve a place on the list.
>
> 73,
>
> Brooke Clarke, N6GCE

Indeed.  Sundials, or menhirs, such as those at Stonehenge!

However, on re-reading the original poster's request, I see he was look
for "time synchronization" hardware or software. To qualify, I think
such hardware ought to provide for performing the synchronization
function -- such as, for instance, outputting a one-pulse-per-second
signal at its estimate of the exact UTC (or TAI) second boundary.
Otherwise, the equipment would be a clock, but not "time synchronization
hardware."

--
James Maynard
Salem, Oregon, USA