[time-nuts] Autek Model 620 GPS Workstation

Don Mimlitch donmeis at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 6 14:15:22 EDT 2006

I also have an Autek Model 620 with the same problem.
It tracks satellites fine, but the disciplined light
never goes out.

If you press the DD key and the the W (West) button the display shows numbers which seem to
measure it's attempt to discipline the oscillator.
The numbers are in hex but it cycles every 1000 seconds collecting an average and then adjusts a few parameters
for the next cycle. but the difference never settles.

I suspect that either the Rubidium Oscillator has
deteriorated so much that changing its field does not affect the frequency.
Or the Comparator circuit is faulty.

I am also interested in any ones suggestions.
This would be a great Measurement unit if I could get it working.

If any one had any circuit diagram I might try to
replace the Rubidium Oscillator.

Message: 5