[time-nuts] Latitude and longitude question

Brian Kirby kirbybq at bellsouth.net
Sun Jul 9 22:14:48 EDT 2006

Surveyors use different coordinates systems for different states.  In
Alabama, they use State Plane Coordinates.  You can use a program such
as Corpscon6 to convert these and other coordinates back to something
more useful....

A lot of plat surveys are just angles in degrees minutes and seconds
with distance calls....no real coordinates