[time-nuts] Hello and HP-5370A question

Randy Smith randy.c.smith at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 23:07:53 EDT 2006

On 7/17/06, Jose V. Gavila <eb5agv at ctv.es> wrote:

> ... so when I
> saw THREE PCB gaps in my 5370A and FOUR in the 5370B manual I thought my
> 5370A
> could be complete... could somebody please, check his 5370A or B to verify
> if it
> has three 'missing' PCBs in the mainboard?

Yes, the 5370A has 3 extra spaces.  They're labelled Spare, Memory Option,
and Service Aid.  The 5370B apparently switched to higher-density EPROMs
(the A uses 2708's), so it doesn't need the ROM board.  There's also a
12-pin board near the fan for the oven oscillator option.

Also, the 5370 and the 5345 really only share the input boards, and possibly
the oscillator.