[time-nuts] New frequency standard, Mercury better than Cesium?

Hal Murray hmurray at suespammers.org
Tue Jul 18 05:17:00 EDT 2006

> Both cesium and rubidium is harder to come by, but ebay being what it
> is, it is no longer that hard if I really wanted to. I have always
> wondered where one actually get these things on a commerical basis.

There are companies in the business of supplying that sort of thing.  You
just have to find them.

It took me a few minutes with google to find Fisher Scientific.

https://www1.fishersci.com/Coupon;jsessionid=E8gHglzLzW1nLscKcCAg1axhtmV2a7zfj
47fHzNtEPdHNCtzaM2x!-994379636?cid=1334&gid=222808

$57 for 1g of Cesium.

If you feed cesium to their search box, you get 100s of hits.  (Many are
different quantities of the same thing.)

Or look at the ads along the right side of a google search.  (Lots of snake
oil.)