[time-nuts] Cesium lockup

Magnus Danielson cfmd at bredband.net
Fri Jul 21 19:02:32 EDT 2006

Fellow time-nuts,

This evening I was presented with a dilemma, either to check if my repaired Cs
beam would lockup or go out dancing (and chasing chicks). Being told about the
dancing a bit late, being inproperly dressed, unshaved and all, I felt the
time nut in me was having a strong case, so it became a Cesium lockup wake
instead! ;O)

And yes, to the best of my abilities to judge things, after the replacement of
a tired component, my Cesium beam now locks up and behaves quite sanely. It is
still tracking in closer and closer but it seems to track along. Before I had
an oscillating behaviour since it lost lock due to noisy measures which could
be traced to a particular component. I was unable to find a replacement but a
fellow time-nut helped me out and this evening I got the additional help to
solder the replacement in.

I want to monitor the progress over the next few days (with continous logging)
but it looks very promessing. Now I have a nice little challenge in finding out
how I best is going to have it hooked up and kept running in my rig.

So, I just wanted to share this happy feeling with some people that might
apprechiate it.

Now I may start calibrating my Rubidium (finally after all these years).

I have to arrange for a propper GPS antenna solution too. But now I have a good
feeling to start the exercises from. ;O)

Cheers,
Magnus