[time-nuts] On Setting Precision Clock

Glenn glenn at net127.com
Sat Jul 22 12:11:17 EDT 2006

Brooke Clarke wrote:

>Should Increment and Decrement work on the whole counter?  for example
>when changing minutes you can only increment or decrement the minutes
>digit and the 10 minute digit follows?

Yes, I think incrementing a single digit at a time is good. Since other
digits aren't rolling over, you may not even need a decrement button.

Another suggestion: include a bias-T, so that the clock can be powered
over the same line that provides the 1 PPS or 10 MHz.

File under "wouldn't it be great if...": it had an alarm clock function.
it had a stopwatch function (resetting all the digits to zero,
start/stop count), it could set itself by listening to a NMEA or
Motorola binary string.

cheers,
glenn