[time-nuts] 10811 Extra Lagging etc

Hal Murray hmurray at suespammers.org
Tue Jun 20 22:45:17 EDT 2006

> Yes, I did, because nobody else had, and I was curious. We were seeing
> changes along the lines of parts in 10^8, about an order of magnitude
> worse than tempco.  This was for something like dry nitrogen purge all
> night vs 50 degrees C, 90% humidity for an hour or two.

Does anybody understand the mechanism?

I assume the actual crystal itself is sealed.  I'd guess that something in
the control electronics in humidity sensitive.  Do FR4 boards change size
with humidity?

Is the thermal conductivity of humid air enough different from dry air to
change the internal temperature of various parts?