[time-nuts] [hp_agilent_equipment] 5371A CRT problem

John Day johnday at wordsnimages.com
Fri Jun 23 13:19:06 EDT 2006

At 12:50 PM 6/23/2006, Steve Krull wrote:
>The service manual skips any circuit description or schematic of A17
>and says if the CRT circuits are suspect, replace the A17 CRT Driver
>Board and CRT as an assembly. That assembly is no longer available,
>and would certainly not have been available at a hobbyist price at any rate.

I am not sure, but the CRT assembly in these may well be a pretty
standard OEM assembly from Sony or the likes. If you look carefully
with your CRO at the video drive then you could determine it's
timing. I haven't worked on a 5371A, but even some of the 'monster'
oscilloscopes like the 54111D's and the like were OEM monitor chassis
at not particularly weird video timings.

John