[time-nuts] Some results of PRS10 and Trimble Resolution T

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Mon Jun 26 20:24:12 EDT 2006

Hello Erik,

ok, the files are very small so I am posting them here upon your request.
One plot is with the PRS10 as a reference, one with an MTI 260 style 5MHz
oscillator as the reference, with the MTI 260 not locked to anything.

Both times they are measuring our new GPSDO prototype unit locked to an
M12+, it's interesting to notice that our GPSDO does not itself exhibit the 2s
noise from the M12+ that you mentioned (against the MTI 260 reference)

You can see that the free-running 260 reference has significantly less  noise
on it than the PRS10 (PRS10 being locked to an M12+ as well) when  measuring
our GPSDO DUT. I am impressed how good the MTI 260 is free running  below 100s
measurement intervalls.

Both measurements were done on a TSC5120A.

Will try to see how the PRS10 behaves when it is free-running.

Bye,
Said