[time-nuts] Some results of PRS10 and Trimble Resolution T

Tom Van Baak tvb at leapsecond.com
Thu Jun 29 15:32:58 EDT 2006

> Thanks for the link to your report, Tom.  I was wondering what this 2 sec
> "bump" in the ADEV was that everyone was talking about.
>
> The "bump" at 2 sec is just the loop tau of the main clock servo.  The
> physics package is performing at the (fairly typical) level of about
> 2e-11/sqrt(tau).   The OCXO is somewhat better than that.  From Tom's plot
> it looks like the OCXO is good to about 3-4e-12 on tau=0.1 to 1 second.
> Because they've set the loop tau to about 1 seconds, the performance of
the
> OCXO is degraded as it is steered to the atoms on that timescale.

Robert,

Thanks for all your detailed comments. To support
your points, here's an LPRO rubidium for contrast.

http://www.leapsecond.com/museum/lpro/

True, there's no bump in the LPRO -- but when you
compare the LPRO vs. PRS10 plots you see that
the bump is evidence of a good thing for the PRS10.

If nothing else everyone should view this one plot
where 4 rubidiums are compared:

http://www.leapsecond.com/images/4rb.gif

/tvb