[time-nuts] Relationship of relative stability between distant locations using GPS and environmental factors

Magnus Danielson cfmd at bredband.net
Fri Jun 30 16:11:00 EDT 2006

From: "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk at phk.freebsd.dk>
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Relationship of relative stability between distant locations using GPS and environmental factors
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 20:06:18 +0000

> In message <20060630.215601.786974134.cfmd at bredband.net>, Magnus Danielson writ
> es:
>
> >Eh... well, not the antenna. :O) That you stick onto a temperature-stabilzed
> >concrete piller built onto the stable rock.
>
> At this point Magnus forgot to say: "You stop continental drift and ..."
>
> :-)

Ah, thanks for reminding me... ;O) It's a bit hot here this evening. ;O)

I assumed it would be obvious that putting the antenna in a bunker isn't going
to give you the best of reception patterns. :P

BTW. The antenna rigging I was refering to is valid for UTC(SP). They don't
stop continental drift, they just measure it.

Cheers,
Magnus