[time-nuts] Linear Interpolator

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Fri Jun 30 19:30:05 EDT 2006

Hi Brooks:

I too got the quote on the GP2 and checked the ExpressPCB software
package that does both schematic capture and board layout and it has a
template for the QFN32 package.  For comparison I placed the ICS525
template right beside the QFN32.  The ICS525 has 1/4 pitch (0.025") but
the QFN is 0.5 mm (0.02") which is a little finer.

I have been able to mount the ICS525 using either solder paste or just
an iron.  For more on working with SMT parts see my web page:
http://www.pacificsites.com/~brooke/SMT.shtml

I agree with Randy's comment that the pad on the board needs to be
longer to give an iron a place to work.  Also solder mask sure is a big
help, and that's why it exists.

If there's a desired circuit I'm fairly sure I could build it.

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke

--
w/Java http://www.PRC68.com