[time-nuts] OT magazine scanning

Dr. David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Sat Mar 4 19:27:31 EST 2006

John Day wrote:
> I think I have seen this topic discussed here some time ago.
>
> I have been receiving RF Design magazine for some years and I no
> longer have space for them. They are not available on CD-ROM, so
> maybe somebody here knows of a scanning service that could handle a
> job like this? I am happy to sacrifice the mags to save the space, so
> they can be cut to separate the pages.
>
> Any clues anybody?
>
> John

Some decent sized office photocopies will scan to pdf at fairly high
rates. But as someone else said, they pdfs are not searchable.

I think personally I'd be tempted to go  through the mags and rip out
any pages I think might just be useful. If you do that, along with all
indexes, you can then have something you can thumb though when you want.

To do a job with OCR software etc it will take you a month of sundays
(as we say in England).