[time-nuts] FTS4060 Continuing Saga

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Sun Mar 5 15:02:38 EST 2006

Hi:

After Tom helped me a month ago to get the trigger level correct for 50 Ohm loaded TTL (1.25 volts), I've been seeing no aging on the FTS4060 s/n 1013 and have been tweaking the C field and all was going well, but today (heavy rain) the jitter on each 500 second average has jumped up from about 9 ns to more like 300 ns which means you can not believe the readings.  It's snowing on the nearby mountains and heavy rain here.

Note that on prior days the daily spread in the Time Interval has been around 10 ns peak to peak.

So does GPS suffer with heavy rain?

I checked TAC32 and the receiver settings are correct.

Interesting sidelight:
A couple of days ago there was a brown out the caused the SR620 counter and the computer to reset, but the FTS4060/S24 (no backup battery) did not reset (Lock and AC ON green LEDs) and the data shows that there was a recovery that lasted about 1,500 seconds.  Not sure what was moving.

Have Fun,

Brooke Clake

--
w/Java http://www.PRC68.com