[time-nuts] Oncore 1pps driver & LED

Randy Warner Randy at synergy-gps.com
Thu May 4 15:19:11 EDT 2006

Glenn,

You "should" be alright. You're driving a lot of CAT5, but since the
data is only at 9600 baud you should be OK. The 1PPS on the DCD line
will be fine too. To blink an LED you just need to buffer the 1PPS
signal coming out of the UT+ as it does not have enough drive capacity.
Just about anything will work: IC buffer or inverter (I use standard
74LVC04's in my designs) or just a simple xstr inverter or emitter
follower.

Randy