[time-nuts] Entry level systems

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sat May 27 14:05:39 EDT 2006

I use time interval to compare frequency offset and stability by feeding
the unknown signal into the start input, and the reference into the stop
input.  The actual time interval doesn't matter, but by tracking the
delta in time interval you can determine offset and drift.  Typically,
you use 1pps to do this, but there are ways to use higher frequencies,
though they run into problems with cycle slip if the two sources aren't
very close to each other.

John
----