[time-nuts] Z3801A

Tom Van Baak tvb at leapsecond.com
Sun Nov 12 16:45:23 EST 2006

> Hi Rick, Jose, Hmurray,
>
> forgot to mention:
>
> the Fury unit only uses about 0.35A at 12V, and runs from 11V to 14V,  so
it
> can easily be run from a Pb battery, < 4.5W power consumption. 45min
warmup
> time typ. with the double-oven OCXO.

Said, this is very nice. Well done.

> Better <100s Allan Deviation stability than the PRS10 SRS Rb  standard.

Are these SRS specs or an actual measurements?

> Allan Deviation of < 2E-14 with 18 hour averaging possible, see  attached
> Allan Deviation plot (Vertical in Nanoseconds, double-oven OCXO).
Basically
> that's the accuracy of it's internal M12+ Timing GPS.

Careful - that plot is not the performance of your GPSDO.
It looks more like a measure of internal jitter or something
rather than external accuracy or frequency stability. I'll
take this offline with you. It's misleading to claim or to think
you're getting 2e-14 @ 18h performance out of an M12+.

/tvb