[time-nuts] Questions about P283T12N16 and NDK OSC.

Randy Warner Randy at synergy-gps.com
Mon Nov 20 11:46:43 EST 2006

Arthur et al,

Jason is right. Unless it has been reprogrammed it is an M12+ Nav
receiver. There has been a lot of confusion about part numbers, but
here's a quick breakdown:

1. The original M12 had part numbers that started with "P1". The third
to last character "N" or "T" designated whether it was a Nav or Timing
receiver. Many people think the the "M12" was a Nav receiver and the
"M12+" was a timing receiver, but this is not the case. We started
identifying them as M12-N and M12-T to keep them straight.

2. The M12+ series started with "P2". Again, M12+N was a Nav receiver
and M12+T was a timing receiver.

3. As you might expect, the new M12M starts with "P3", but there is an
inconsistency to look out for. The electronic ID on the M12M's still
show Motorola's old "P3" designator, but the label on the board itself
reads "IL-GPS-xxxx-x". This is the internal i-Lotus part number. I hope
they fix the firmware to correct the internal ID, but just be aware of
the "IL-GPS" part number series. This is an M12M. The M12M-T without
battery is IL-GPS-0010-A, the one with the battery is IL-GPS-0030-A.

Randy