[time-nuts] GMT vs. UTC

Magnus Danielson cfmd at bredband.net
Mon Nov 20 17:35:36 EST 2006

From: "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk at phk.freebsd.dk>
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] GMT vs. UTC
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 22:18:32 +0000

Poul-Henning,

> In message <20061120.231015.133750541.cfmd at bredband.net>, Magnus Danielson writ
> es:
>
> >Particular interest may be put into the danish translation (Poul-Henning - this
> >is your wakeup call!) where they refer to UTC:
> >http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:32000L0084:DA:HTML
>
> Notice that it talks about when summertime starts and ends, not what
> it actually _is_ while in effect.

Indeed. I never interprented it other than this, but it is interesting to see
UTC being used in such a way for the Danish text considering that Denmark still
has to adopt UTC for legal time (to the best of my knowledge that is).

Hmm. Why does I feel like a Shakespear quote comming over me? :-)

> If any of the translations don't refer to UTC, that would be a
> translation error.

Indeed.

Cheers,
Magnus