[time-nuts] HP8568B firware eproms anyone ?

David I. Emery die at dieconsulting.com
Wed Oct 18 18:10:52 EDT 2006

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 05:53:21PM -0400, John Ackermann N8UR wrote:
> Poul-Henning Kamp said the following on 10/18/2006 05:48 PM:
>
> > I'm not sure if the firmware of the 8566B is different from the 8568B,
> > anyone know ?
>
> I'm pretty sure that the '66 firmware is different than the '68, or I'd
> offer to copy mine for you.
>
> > I think this is the second report of eprom failures I recall on the
> > list, should we start to make a EEPROM library for futures sake ?
>
> That's not a bad idea, though it does unfortunately raise copyright
> concerns...

	There is such a library maintained by Bruce Lane at Bluefeather
Technologies.   He only archives firmware of instruments no longer
supported (off support), and I believe he has at least some level of
permission from the test gear companies.

	You might try the hp_agilent_equipment list at yahoo - this has
quite an active group of people on it who have 8566/8568s and a couple
who I think may have the firmware you want already available as a file.

	Of course *I* am looking for Austron 2200A firmware for the same
reason...

--
   Dave Emery N1PRE,  die at dieconsulting.com  DIE Consulting, Weston, Mass 02493
'For Rent' sign still vainly flapping outside on the weed encrusted pole - in