[time-nuts] GPS unit for car navigation -OT ??

James Maynard james.h.maynard at usa.net
Mon Oct 23 11:39:21 EDT 2006

Robert Lutwak wrote:
> How's the timing accuracy?
>
> Does it display GPS time or does it have it's own clock?
>

> -RL

> Robert Lutwak, Senior Scientist
> Symmetricom - Technology Realization Center
> 34 Tozer Rd.
> Beverly, MA 01915
> (978) 232-1461   Voice           RLutwak at Symmetricom.com   (Business)
> (978) 927-4099   FAX             Lutwak at Alum.MIT.edu  (Personal)
> (339) 927-7896   Mobile

The Garmin StreetPilot 7200 is not a timing receiver. It displays local
time of day in hours and minutes, and seems to update the minute at the
correct time, to within a tenth of a second or so. But that's just by
comparing with my radio-controlled wristwatch (WWVB receiver).

--
James Maynard
Salem, Oregon, USA