[time-nuts] Allan Deviation -> more data: GPS 1PPS against OCXO/128

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Sat Oct 28 10:01:23 EDT 2006

There are sudden increases in noise (bursts that last from seconds to
minutes) on the plots I posted.

I believe the sudden and drastic increase in noise at times comes from
the GPS loosing lock. At the moment, I cannot hook up the computer to
the GPS and verify, but I will do that later.

In the actual GPSDO implementation, I will have to find a reliable way
to detect that condition and freeze the drive to the EFC. I am not sure
how to do that with the Jupiter other than decode the serial data with a
uC and turn the thing off when there are not enough satellites.

Didier