[time-nuts] Can anyone help?

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Sat Oct 28 17:08:31 EDT 2006

Poul-Henning Kamp may weigh in with his valuable expertise, but I
believe the ntp standard offers the capability for the clients (your
computer's operating system) to compensate for the time it takes for the
ntp info to get to you. This assumes that the delay from you to the ntp
server is the same as the delay from the ntp server to you, which is not
always a correct assumption, but seems to work pretty good in most cases
(within the range John cited).

Some ISPs over here in the USA run their own ntp server, and sometimes
those are made available to the customers. You may ask if your ISP
offers this service, or if they know of an ntp server that's easy to get
to from your location.

Didier KO4BB
.