[time-nuts] Health of GPS constellation questioned -- "recently there have been more satellite outages than ever before"

Bart Smit bit at pipe.nl
Thu Sep 7 07:12:07 EDT 2006

On Wed, September 6, 2006 5:22, Christopher Hoover said:

> [ the story seems overblown to me, but still worth sharing.  follow
> the last link for some real data. - ch ]

The last link is interesting indeed. Seems that the problems are more
perceived than real, with the GPS constellation operating well within
spec, but users wanting more.

The guy mentions the familiar adage "Give GPS users a yard and they'll
want an inch" that I found illustrative and funny (and maybe not so
familiar).