[time-nuts] Looking for good SR620 setup to compare GPS and rubidium

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Thu Sep 7 16:46:54 EDT 2006

Hi David:

The most straight forward way is to make a time interval measurement
between the two 1 PPS signals.
It's good to use a BNC-T connector at the SR620 front panel and a scope
so that you can set the trigger levels at 50%.
If both sources are TTL (0 to 5 volts open circuit) and you use the 50
Ohm termination in the SR620 then the pk-pk will be 2.5 volts and a
trigger level of 1.25 volts works well.

By setting SAMPLE SIZE size to some number like 500 (seconds since your
have 1 PPS input) you can then DISPLAY either MEAN or JITTER.
The latter is a very good indication of what's going on.

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke

w/Java http://www.PRC68.com
w/o Java http://www.pacificsites.com/~brooke/PRC68COM.shtml