[time-nuts] XL-DC and GPS-DC Problem-Solving Issues

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Tue Apr 10 11:46:12 EDT 2007

Do you have a brand/model that you can get off the XL-DC power supply? I
would think Symmetricom would use the same model for the systems that fit in
that common 1U chassis (but I could be wrong). If the model matches mine, I
can tell you the voltages & pins used and I'm sure you could find a cheap
one off eBay that would do the trick with a little re-wiring.

The boards (from what I have seen) don't have any onboard battery backup, so
I can only assume they have non-volatile flash chips. I haven't seen the
inside of the XL-DC or XL-AK so it could be different.

Jason

> Ladies and Gentlemen,
>
> I am currently analytically involved in solving two different problems
with a TrueTime XL-DC and a TrueTime GPS-DC.

> Schematics for both would be most helpful and efficient but, of course,
not absolutely necessary for a successful diagnosis and corrective action.

> If anyone would happen to have any schematic representation of either or
both of these GPS systems, I would be grateful.

> Many thanks to some Time-Nuts Contributors, I do have the operational
manuals for the XL-DC and the XL-AK but that is all. No schematics included
and I > realize that they are very hard to spring from TrueTime. But maybe,
just maybe, someone - somewhere has achieved this feat.

> The XL-DC's switching power supply is down and the GPS-DC has some backup
memory supply issues and the data entry keyboard is worn out and to the
point > of being totally non-responsive.