[time-nuts] Oops - wrong URL for tvb plot!

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Tue Apr 10 17:26:27 EDT 2007

>> I don't normally remove phase drift (frequency offset)
>> as this drops out of any adev calculation.
>
> I was talking about frequency drift rate, it is usually shorted into drift
> rate. This is not canceled at all by either ADEV or MDEV. Frequency offsets
> cancel naturally.
>
>> > Infact, if you send me the raw data I could process them and see what pops up.
>> > I have some code lying around already. Should get into the habit of doing some
>> > cheesy plots (gnuplot maybe).

Magnus,

I can see the danger now of a plot without any accompanying text.
The raw data for the three 12 hour Motorola receivers is here:
    http://www.leapsecond.com/pages/3gps/
I'm on vacation right now, but I'm pretty sure these were taken
with a 53132A against a good atomic house standard. You'll
see a large phase offset (many microseconds), a frequency
offset (about +3e-12 or -3e-13). No, I didn't remove frequency
drift (if any) from the data before I plotted it.

/tvb