[time-nuts] Oops - wrong URL for tvb plot!

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Wed Apr 11 08:38:35 EDT 2007

Tom Van Baak wrote:

> For fancier plotting I extract tau/adev pairs from either
> adev1 or Stable32 and make pretty log/log plots using
> Excel; MRTG, gnuplot, grace are alternatives.

For those working in the *nix world, let me put in a plug for grace
(plasma-gate.weizmann.ac.il/Grace/ ).

It's a quite capable plotting tool, and what's really nice is that with
the appropriate incantations it can operate in either interactive
WYSIWYG mode or in batch mode from the command line (or a script).

I've also figured out a way (with the help of an external perl script)
to modify the basic plot parameters on the fly, so I can automagically
generate customized plots without having to manually edit the grace
configuation (that's my stable-stats program -- a bit of info is at
http://www.febo.com/time-freq/tools).

What's cool is that I can use the interactive mode to design a pretty
chart, and then use the batch mode to automatically update it with new data.

As a famously obnoxious computer columnist used to say, "highly
recommended."

John