[time-nuts] PTS 250-SX51 synthesizer available

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sat Apr 14 16:50:52 EDT 2007

Hi all --

I just became aware of a PTS250-SX51 synthesizer in good condition
that's available for $200 plus shipping.

This is an interesting unit -- the standard PTS250 operates from 1 MHz
to 250 MHz, but the SX51 modification adds a divide-by-10 module that
provides very low phase noise from 1 MHz to 25 MHz in 0.1 Hz steps.  The
output is a square wave, so requires filtering if you need a sine wave,
but the phase noise is lower than just about any other synthesizer
that's available surplus, apart from the HP 8662A.

If you're interested, contact me off-list and I'll put you in touch with
the seller.

John