[time-nuts] Prologix GPIB/USB converter help...

Christopher Hoover ch at murgatroid.com
Sun Apr 15 15:07:19 EDT 2007

> Well, I got my perl code, using Device::SerialPort, to work by *not*
> selecting raw mode, but explicitly adding CRLF to the command string by
> using chr() to append those characters.  I have no idea why...

I'm using Device::SerialPort as well.  In fact, I think I cribbed the
original code from you.  I'm happy to share it, if you'd like to look at it.

I was wrong before -- I'm not explicitly setting raw mode.  But a quick
glance at the sources indicates that the default for a new
Device::SerialPort is raw.

I really don't think chr() is needed.

I'm just doing $port->write($cmd . "\r\n"), followed by $port->write_drain;

-ch