[time-nuts] OT: Audiophoolery

John Pettitt jpp at cloudview.com
Fri Apr 20 16:14:13 EDT 2007

It's the $250 HDMI cable
(http://www.audioconnect.com/html/hdmi-3_hdmi_cable.html) that takes the
prize IMHO - analog is voodoo to most people and they can be bamboozled
by talk of SWR's etc- but digital is just digital - it works or it
doesn't.     I'd be willing to bet that this $250 cable is no better
than the $19.95 one hooked to my Apple TV (neat toy BTW).

Then again most people are happy with a cheap timex and a clock radio -
I have three independent GPS clocks and two WWV clocks so maybe I
shouldn't be too quick to comment.

John (who still wears a mechanical watch)