[time-nuts] OT: Audiophoolery

Neon John jgd at johngsbbq.com
Fri Apr 20 17:49:47 EDT 2007

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 14:48:54 -0400, "Daun Yeagley" <daun at yeagley.net>
wrote:

>This is as crazy as it gets.  I have seen the high end power cables
>before and consider this the ultimate in audiophoolishness ... I'm not
>sure this is the most expensive example, but it surely establishes that
>there is no connection between reality and audiophoolery.
>
>Check it out:  http://www.audioconnect.com/html/pk10_palladian.html
>
>SWR enhanced!!!!  God, it's so simple, why didn't I think of it?

Check out the banner ad at the top

http://www.audioconnect.com/html/cable_tower.html

To elevate your speaker cables and protect them from the harmful
effects of carpeting and hardwood.  $100 each.

And another:

http://www.audioconnect.com/html/tube_dampers.html

Teflon vacuum tube dampers to make the music more clear and precise,
less fuzzy. Tonal qualities are rendered more true and natural, subtle
passages more distinguishable. Three-dimensional qualities are better
focused. Improvements occur evenly throughout the entire audio
spectrum, from the deepest bass through the highest frequencies .
These damping instruments outperform ordinary tube dampers by leaps
and bounds. Recommended by Audio Research for use on world-class Audio
Research amps.

This whole site reads like The Onion.  If it weren't audio I'd bet
money it is a spoof site.  Given that it IS audio, it's as serious as
a heart attack....

John
---
John De Armond
http://www.neon-john.com
Cleveland, Occupied TN
All great things are simple and many can be expressed in single words:
Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope.  -Churchill