[time-nuts] How good are mechanical watches

Neon John jgd at johngsbbq.com
Sat Apr 21 12:39:08 EDT 2007

On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 08:37:10 -0700, "Tom Van Baak"
<tvb at LeapSecond.com> wrote:

>That's how I measured the performance of a WWVB radio
>controlled watch:
>
>    http://www.leapsecond.com/pages/Junghans/
>
>This is a great example of "sawtooth" that you probably
>haven't seen before.

Hey, that's a nice looking watch.  It almost looks like it has tritium
hands.  Can't really tell from the low res photo.  Does it?  Hmmm, bet
I could get a watchsmith to transfer some vials from an old tritium
watch I have.

Is the LCD only for date?  I don't see any buttons.  Perfect for me.
I've never needed any of the chrono stuff and the buttons on my watch
are more of an irritation than anything.

John
---
John De Armond
http://www.neon-john.com
Cleveland, Occupied TN
All great things are simple and many can be expressed in single words:
Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope.  -Churchill