[time-nuts] 10MHz to 32MHz?

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sat Apr 21 19:02:25 EDT 2007

Dr Bruce Griffiths said the following on 04/21/2007 06:59 PM:
 multiple of the PPS frequency.

> Thus while the REFLOCK II is better than nothing its performance will
> fall far below a well designed real GPSDO in this application.
> It will work much better for locking to higher frequencies where an XOR
> or phase detector with similar resolution is employed.

Absolutely agreed.  The Reflock II was really designed to lock high(er)
frequency oscillators to low(er) frequency references.  The PPS input
capability was a sort of "well, yeah, we can do that" and for some
applications it's adequate -- but it's in no way intended to replace a
real GPSDO.

John