[time-nuts] GPS: ADEV or MDEV?

Dr Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Mon Apr 23 09:28:48 EDT 2007

Tom Van Baak wrote:

> Can someone do a similar numerical analysis of these two
> factors: tempco and noise? It's not that I don't believe you;
> it's just that I'd rather see numbers and plots than words.

Tom

When the reference is temperature cycled hysteresis may be significant.
Hysteresis data is harder to find but its much worse for bandgap
references than buried zener references.

Attached plots are for low frequency noise of various IC zener references.

If one ensures that the zener noise is adequately low pass filtered,
then in most cases its effect is probably insignificant.

Bruce