[time-nuts] 5328A Brand Spanking New In The Box

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Thu Apr 26 23:30:42 EDT 2007

Interesting little story about my day today.

I won some little Tek buffer amps on eBay and the guy was local so I drove
over to his shop to pick them up. Super nice guy, he buys a bunch of govt
surplus (mostly aircraft related) and other liquidation type auction things.
We spent a couple hours just chatting about this and that, and I even got to
walk around his warehouse. I had to keep my hands in my pockets to resist
the temptation of buying anything! One of the many, many, many cool things
was a HP 5328A military model brand spanking new, still in the box, never
used, wrapped in plastic, sticker still covering the power plug, BNC
connectors all shiny, even had the manuals! Usually you see these things
pretty well used and abused, but this one was like it just came off the
assembly line.

I know it's not exactly a high-end piece of equipment compared to today's
standards, but I figure maybe one of you guys would be interested in it
seeing as how it is in museum like condition. I don't know how much he
wanted for it (I didn't even ask), but if any of you are seriously
interested I can email you his info off-list. I would hate to see it parted
out or scrapped, I'm sure someone out there has some sort of sentimental
attachment to the old 5238A. ;)