[time-nuts] Fury Realhamradio listing

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Sun Apr 29 16:44:24 EDT 2007

In a message dated 4/28/2007 19:14:40 Pacific Daylight Time,
tvb at LeapSecond.com writes:

>I  ask because the single-shot granularity of the Z3801A
>appears to be  around 100 ps, at least the TI value of a
>Z3801A syst:stat is always a  multiple of 0.1 ns. For a
>fair comparison, what is equivalent the Fury  single-shot
>resolution?

Hi Tom,

I found some data that may shed some light on your question:

attached is a plot of our totally raw Fury Time Interval capture. Its about
190,000 seconds worth, with a hold-over time right in the middle of the
capture.  Y axis is nanoseconds offset, X is seconds.

There is no filtering done whatsoever on this data. This is from our
single-oven OCXO, albeit this particular example is quite a good single oven  unit.

Ulrich's plotter utility reports the standard deviation as 7.075ns over the
entire data.

So even our totally raw, unfiltered TI result is better than most Z3801A's
filtered (time averaged) TI outputs.

I will send the same data capture but with our 30s filtering turned on in a
second email.

bye,
Said