[time-nuts] HP E1938 Web Page

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Wed Aug 29 02:56:45 EDT 2007

In a message dated 8/28/2007 22:23:57 Pacific Daylight Time,
jgd at johngsbbq.com writes:

>The fault was using a whacky fringe program on a fringe  operating system
and not the
>vector file.  Do the same thing with  a mainline publishing package like
PageMaker,
>InDesign, Quark or even,  God forbid, Microsoft turd and see how it comes
out.   I've
>contract-published uncountable documents that used vector graphics  without
a burp.

Hi John,

didn't know Framemaker on Linux was a fringe program on a fringe OS. I'm
sure there are some people that would disagree.

Anyways, it wouldn't be hard to post BOTH the original vector  files for the
folks that want to make E1938A's in 20 years AND PDF files  the rest of us can
open and read sensibly without having to get out GCC and  compile something.

I don't think the entire Gerbers will be made available for  post anyways.
Now the Gerber format itself is another entire discussion  thread...

bye,
Said