[time-nuts] HP E1938 Web Page

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Wed Aug 29 04:31:34 EDT 2007

From: SAIDJACK at aol.com
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] HP E1938 Web Page
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 21:42:58 EDT

> In a message dated 8/28/2007 18:29:41 Pacific Daylight Time,
> magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org writes:
>
>     > have you opened a PNG lately in internet explorer? What a headache.
>     Looks
>     > totally crappy, cannot zoom, cannot rotate etc. Not a format that's
>     mainstream
>     > yet such as JPG.
>
>     >Why would I be using Internet Explorer?
>
> Hi Magnus,
>
> It's a religious question, so there is no answer to it - just endless
> discussion.
>
> But one reason would be: so we don't have to have these types of
> "incompatibility" discussions :)

Oh, but that don't fly well since I run Linux. :)

Still, the PNG support issue has *NOTHING* with the format as such, just how
you perceive it in your environment. This does not match my experince and
several of my friends. My point was really that you need to complain on the
right detail. That it does not work well in IE is indeed a valid complaint, but
then I would naturally point out that you can use other things than IE to
remedy that problem. PNG is not an old format, it is new and fresh even if it
does not have the cool algorithms as other even newer formats have.

Cheers,
Magnus