[time-nuts] Of rubidium life and piggy-bank anemia....

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sat Dec 1 08:35:28 EST 2007

Didier Juges said the following on 12/01/2007 12:56 AM:
> Maybe quasi-simultaneously is adequate, using a switch to sample the 3 pairs
> in rotation.
>
> The HP59307A can be used for that under GPIB control.

If anybody's interested, I have a perl script (running under Linux,
using the linux-gpib tools) that controls a 59307A and HP 5334A to do
long-term logging of four PPS sources against each other.

It takes a 100 second average of each PPS source sequentially; I end up
with six log files, each with a tau of 600 seconds: CS1-GPS, CS2-GPS,
RB1-GPS, CS1-CS2, CS1-RB1, and CS2-RB1.

If anyone's interested, I'd be happy to make that program available,
though it's not polished up for distribution.

The data files from this program are the basis for phase and adev plots
at http://www.febo.com/plots/ which are updated hourly.  The software
that generates those plots is called stable-stats and is available for
download at http://www.febo.com/time-freq/tools/.  (Unfortunately, at
the moment the plots are out of date as we had a power failure last week
and I don't have the clocks reset yet; that's a project for this weekend.)

John