[time-nuts] FE-5650A problem

Keith Payea kpayea at bryantlabs.net
Sun Dec 2 17:08:13 EST 2007

Hello all:

I'm new to this list, but I've been "lurking" for a while....

I have a TrueTime XL-DC with and FE-5650A Rb Oscillator.  I bought it off
eBay, and it worked great for a couple of years.  A few months back, the
XL-DC lost lock, and poking around in the user interface I decided that it
could no longer control the the Oscillator.

Sure enough, I removed it, and on the bench the Oscillator itself won't
lock.  It cycles from about 20 Hz low to about 350 Hz low over a period of
30 seconds or so.

Past posts to this list refer to an eBay seller named "corbymite" who does
repairs.  eBay won't let you send a message to a member unless there's an
auction in progress, so I have to wait for "corbymite" to sell something so
I can slip in my question.  Does anyone on this list have an email address
for him, outide of eBay?

Also, there was some mention that one of the list members had gotten a
maintenance manual - can someone point me in the right direction?  With a
little guidance I might try fixing this myself.

Thanks!

    Keith

Keith Payea
Bryant Labs