[time-nuts] Symmetricon 58534A manual / setup

phil fortime at bellsouth.net
Sun Dec 9 00:50:26 EST 2007

Tom
You are correct; it is a complete unit with a 1pps and RS422 output for time
and setup/control. I wanted to "try" to use 3 of them in/for time stamps for
triangulating lightning strike data. With a 100 ns timing accuracy I would
think it may work for my application.

The manual is available for free (download) from Symetricon if you have an
account or are an existing customer. Unfortunately I have neither. Should no
one in the time-nuts group help I'll go to Symmetricon next week and I'll be
happy to share the manual with you.

Don, Interesting on what you discovered on pin outs. I have some units with
just wires out and two that came with RJ45's on the end. I'll compare wire
colors and hope they match. Thanks for giving me a starting place with the
wiring.

They have a simple setup program for that series of units but again I don't
have it. Protocol, who knows, I have heard it is a variation on nmea, but
that remains to be seen.

Phil