[time-nuts] John Vig elected President of IEEE

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Mon Dec 10 15:59:00 EST 2007

Chuck Harris wrote:
> Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>
>> In message <001901c83b60$30880960$0800a8c0 at pc52>, "Tom Van Baak" writes:
>>

>>> Right click and SaveAs this 7.4 MB PPT file to your PC:
>>>
>>> Quartz Resonator & Oscillator Tutorial
>>> http://www.ieee-uffc.org/freqcontrol/tutorials/vig3/vig3.ppt
>>>
>>> Then open the 298 page document with PowerPoint and
>>> print as "note pages".
>>>
>> I wish somebody could make a pdf of that, I don't have (and don't
>> want!) access to Powerpoint[1].
>>

> Sure you do, it is called: "OpenOffice.org" ;-)
>
> -Chuck Harris

Chuck

That method isnt always very successful especially when newer versions
of powerpoint are used to generate the slides.
For this particular powerpoint file OpenOffice renders some text on at
least one page unreadable.

In the case of html pages (at least with Linux or FreeBSD) converting to
pdf files can be done by first printing to a postscript file and then
opening the resultant postscript file with Ghostview and then printing
it to a pdf file.

Bruce