[time-nuts] need recomendation for a portable 10mhz referenceoscilator

Rex rexa at sonic.net
Tue Dec 11 23:02:50 EST 2007

> You still
> might need a trunk full of batteries though...
>
> jeff

As a ham, I've got a vehicle with a bunch of batteries and they charge
off of my engine, but let's be practical. I'd rather spend my battery's
energy on long term receiving and on transmitting significant power than
on feeding a rubidium or such. Of course, in that vein, I believe my
lower power timing solution is adequate to get me making contacts on the
frequency. As per my other post tonight, I think a good ocxo is.

TVB, in his story, implied some of the challenges of feeding three
Cesium standards for several days inside of his vehicle. More details
would be interesting  in what he used.

Hmm. Another topic for discussion. Power consumption vs good or better
time-nuts performance. Has this been discussed? If not let's start a new
thread.