[time-nuts] Units of Fame

steve heidmann steveheidmann at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 14 18:47:53 EST 2007

Is that the Lamm of Chicago fame ?
  While we're at it , what is Oscar Petersons' (or for that matter Alan Broadbent's)
  Alan Variance ?

Jeff Mock <jeff at mock.com> wrote:
  Well, if Lamm is the unit for for fame, Kath must be be the unit for
stupidity, google will fill in the gaps.

The funniest one I heard is that the standard measure for ego is the
Mandelbroit. If you've ever heard him speak, you can see that like the
Farad it's most often found as pico- or micro- in the field...

jeff

Doug Millar wrote:

> I believe the unit of fame time is the Lamm and is related to the
> standard second at one to one.
> He wrote the one hit wonder, "Does Anybody Really Know What Time it Is?"
> That is my offering. Perhaps other names come to mind. Submit yours
> and we can vote. The trouble is that given fifteen minutes of fame,
> it is easy to forget who they are!
> Doug Millar

and follow the instructions there.