[time-nuts] Antennas in apartments

Richard W. Solomon w1ksz at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 17 18:50:03 EST 2007

If you have purchased, leased or rented property and there were CC&R's included
in the transaction and in those CC&R's is buried a prohibition on outside
antennas, you are out of luck. You entered into a contract and the CC&R's are
a part of that contract.
In fact, the FCC has stated that in the case of CC&R's prohibiting Ham Radio
antennae, PRB-1 does NOT apply.
That being said, I go for the age old approach that asking forgiveness is
better than asking permission. Put up as small an antenna as you can, some are
only 2-3" in diameter and tell the landlord, if he asks, the use is classified.

73, Dick, W1KSZ/7