[time-nuts] Stuff I bought

Todd Eddy vr at vrillusions.com
Wed Dec 26 18:20:38 EST 2007

Robert Atkinson wrote:
> Hi,
>   my holiday gift this year was a Sony PRS-505 Reader.
>   http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=16184
>   This is not as off-topic as it seems, as well as books these work well with PDF's and the ePaper display uses no power except when it changes. No more printing a couple of pages of a datasheet to use at the bench, only to bin them later.
>   Unfortunatly they don't sell then outside North America (copyright issues with the books apparently)  but they do work in Europe , contary to what the store attendants tried to tell me! It will play MP3's while you read too!
>
>   Robert G8RPI

I've played with the demo models.  They are pretty nice, and the PDF
support would be nice and can store all my network manuals and cisco
command reference stuff in there.  But they're just so darn expensive.
Even the Kindle, which is based off the same e-ink technology, looks
nice, but I probably won't get one for quite some time until the price
goes down.

Getting on topic, I wonder if you can hack those to get a portable time
reference? although the kindle has a built in CDMA modem, so would be a
more prime candidate... I'll let you rip open one of those expensive
readers and report back :)

--
Todd
http://vrillusions.com/