[time-nuts] NLTL comb generators going away...

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Fri Dec 28 13:07:57 EST 2007

The SRD (step recovery diode) definitely degrades the phase
noise beyond 20 LOG N, according to Agilent engineers I have
talked to.  They mentioned a number like -150 dBc/Hz or something.
Having said that, you also have to be very careful to design
the driver (especially with NLTL) or it will become the limiting
factor.

Rick Karlquist N6RK